All orders are subject to our full terms and conditions (below). Nothing in these conditions affects your UK statutory rights as a consumer.
Standard Conditions of Sale
- "Buyer" means the person who buys or agrees to buy the Products from the Seller.
- "Conditions" means the terms and conditions of sale set out in this document and any special terms and conditions agreed in writing by the Seller.
- "Delivery date" means the date specified by the Seller when the Products are to be delivered.
- "Products" means those goods specified.
- "Price" means the price for the Products including carriage, packing and VAT.
- "Seller" means Italian Lights and Furniture Ltd.
- “Manufacturer” means the company that manufactured the Products.
- "Consumer" shall bear the meaning ascribed in section 12 Unfair Contract Terms Act 1977.
2. Conditions applicable
- Nothing in these conditions shall affect the buyer’s UK statutory rights as a consumer.
- The Seller shall sell and the Buyer shall purchase the products in accordance with any written quotation of the Seller which is accepted by the Buyer, or any written or verbal order of the Buyer which is accepted by the Seller including but not limited to orders placed using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service, subject in any case to these conditions, which shall govern the contract to the exclusion of any other terms and conditions subject to which any such quotation is accepted or purported to be accepted, or any such order is made or is purported to be made, by the Buyer.
- Any typographical or clerical or other error or omission in any sales literature, quotation, price list, acceptance of offer, invoice or other document or information issued by the Seller shall be subject to correction without any liability on the part of the Seller.
- If any provision of these conditions is adjudged invalid or unenforcable in whole or in part, the validity of the other provisions of these conditions and the remainder of those provisions in question shall not be affected.
- If the Seller is unable to deliver the goods ordered by the Buyer then any sum paid by the Buyer will be refunded or re-credited to your account and the Seller will notify you at the address given by you in your order form. The refund will be made as soon as possible and, in any event, within 30 days of your order and the Seller will not be obliged to offer any compensation for disappointment suffered.
- By placing an order using the Seller’s electronic online ordering service the Buyer is making an offer which will not become a binding contract until the order is accepted by the Seller. The taking of payment from the Buyer’s credit card does not indicate acceptance of the order by the Seller. If the Buyer’s order is ultimately rejected by the Seller a refund will be made.
3. The price and payment
- Save as provided otherwise herein the Price shall be that as stipulated in the Seller’s published or electronic price list current at the date of order of the Products. In the event of any increase in the cost to the Seller of raw materials, labour, overheads, or any increase in taxes or duties, or any variation in exchange rate the Seller may increase the Price payable under the contract upon written notice. For some products, wiring which is not to European standards or voltage may attract a small supplement; in this case, the Seller shall advise the buyer, after the Seller has verified with the product manufacturer. If notice of price increase is given by the seller, the buyer shall have the right to cancel the order and receive back any sums they have paid. Notice of cancellation must be received in writing by the seller within 7 days of delivery of the notice of price increase to the buyer.
- Payment of the Price shall be due at the date of the order. If the Buyer fails to make payment as required the Seller may suspend delivery of the Products or any further Products ordered until payment is made in full.
- Where applicable, interest on overdue invoices shall accrue from the date when payment becomes due from day to day until the date of payment at the rate of 2% above Barclays Bank Plc’s base rate from time to time in force and shall accrue at such a rate after as well as before any judgement.
4. The products
- The quantity and description of the Products shall be set out in the Seller’s quotation and/or in the online description of the Products.
- The Seller may make any changes in the specification of the Products which do not materially affect their quality or performance required to conform with any applicable statutory requirements where the Products are supplied to the Seller’s specification.
- Photographs are for illustrative purpose only, and may not exactly match the product itself.
5. Warranties and liability
- All goods supplied by the Seller come with a Manufacturer’s warranty of at least 12 months.
- The Seller shall provide the Buyer with such information as is required to claim under the Manufacturer’s warranties. In the event of a claim, the Buyer shall in the first instance contact the Seller’s customer service department.
- The Seller does not provide any warranty cover against defects in his own right.
- Except where the Buyer acts as a Consumer all other warranties, conditions and terms relating to fitness for purpose, satisfactory quality or conditions of the products whether implied by statute or common law or otherwise are excluded to the fullest extent of the law.
- Insofar as is permitted by law, the Seller’s only liability to you under these terms and conditions will be, at our sole discretion, to make good any shortage or non-delivery, to replace or repair any goods which are received by you in a damaged or defective state or to refund to you any sums actually paid by you for the goods in question. We will not be liable to you for any indirect or consequential loss or damage arising out of any problem you notify to us and will have no liability to you for any failure or delay in delivering goods or any damage or defect in goods delivered which is caused by any event or circumstance which is beyond our reasonable control. Nothing in this Clause 5 affects your statutory rights as a consumer.
6. Delivery, Installation, Returns and Cancellations
- Delivery of the products shall be made by the Seller or his agent or directly from the Manufacturer.
- The Seller or his agent or the Manufacturer shall use his reasonable endeavours to meet any specified time frame for delivery.
- In any event, the time frame for delivery shall not be of the essence. Most manufacturers in Italy close for 3-4 weeks every August, for holidays. Any orders where production and delivery include the month of August will therefore take 3-4 weeks longer for delivery.
- The Seller shall not be liable for any delay in delivery howsoever caused.
- Prices for orders for delivery to addresses within mainland GB include delivery costs (unless expressly specified to the contrary), except to PH, PA, IV, KW and AB postcodes, where there will be a small additional charge which will be advised prior to order processing. For delivery to Northern Ireland, Isle of Man, Isle of Wight, Scottish Islands and Channel Islands there will be an additional delivery charge, to be advised.
- Where a delivery date has been agreed with our carrier but the customer isn’t present to receive the delivery we reserve the right to charge the customer a minimum of £25 to cover part of the cost of the failed delivery.
- The inclusion of delivery costs in the Price as specified in 6.v above applies to GB (as per 6.v above) but not to other geographical destinations outside Great Britain. An additional charge may apply for deliveries outside Great Britain.
- An order may be cancelled at any time between the placement of the order and 7 calendar days following delivery of the goods.
If the Buyer is dissatisfied with his purchase for any reason he may, within 7 calendar days of delivery, contact the Seller to notify him that he wishes to return some or all items from his order. The Buyer will need to advise the Seller by email (to email@example.com) within 7 calendar days following receipt of goods. The Buyer will need to arrange to return the goods himself to the Seller at the Buyer's own cost. Seller's address is as given on the Contact page in www.italianlightsandfurniture.com. Goods must be returned to the Seller in the same condition they were in at the time of delivery to the Buyer and in their original packaging. We reserve the right to withhold all or part of your refund if items are returned damaged or not in the condition they were originally received in.
- It is essential that, when the Buyer receives the item(s) bought from the Seller, he/she signs them as received, on the carrier's relevant form or electronic signature system.
- If a delivery has been signed as accepted without specifying "unchecked" or "under reservation" then the Seller will bear no responsibility for replacement of goods (or refunds) deemed by the Buyer to be damaged or defective.
- We do not deliver on weekends or bank holidays.
- It is strongly advised that, where an electrical fitting requires more than just inserting the plug into the socket, a qualified electrician be used by the Buyer for installing the light (or electrical unit) in its intended position. Neither the Manufacturer nor the Seller assumes any responsibility for installing the light (or electrical unit), nor for any damage to property or person arising from such installation.
7. Acceptance of the products
- Other than where the Buyer acts as a Consumer the Buyer shall be deemed to have accepted the Products 5 working days after delivery to the Buyer.
- After acceptance, the Buyer shall not be entitled to reject Products which are in accordance with the contract.
8. Title and risk
- Risk of damage to or loss of the Products shall pass to the Buyer upon delivery.
- Notwithstanding any other provision herein title in the Products shall not pass to the Buyer until the Seller has received in cash or cleared funds payment in full.
- The Buyer shall not be entitled to pledge or in any way charge by way of security for any indebtedness any of the Products which remain the property of the Seller, but if the Buyer does so all moneys owing to the Seller shall (without prejudice to any other right or remedy on the Seller) immediately become due and payable.
9. Insolvency of buyer
- This clause applies if:
- The Buyer makes any voluntary arrangements with its creditors or becomes subject to an administration order or (being an individual or firm) becomes bankrupt, or (being a company) goes into liquidation (otherwise than for the purposes of amalgamation or reconstruction) or
- An administrator or a receiver is appointed, or any encumbrance or lien or similar is placed on any of the property or assets of the Buyer, or
- The Buyer, not being a consumer, ceases, or threatens to cease, to carry on business, or
- The Seller reasonably understands that any of the events mentioned above is about to occur in relation to the Buyer and notifies the Buyer accordingly.
- If the Clause applies, without prejudice to any other right or remedy available to the Seller, the Seller shall be entitled to cancel the contract or suspend any further deliveries under the contract without any liability to the Buyer, and if the Products have been delivered but not paid for, the Price shall become immediately due and payable, despite any previous arrangement or agreement to the contrary.
- Neither party shall be liable for any delay or failure to perform any of its obligations if the delay or failure results from events or circumstances outside their reasonable control, including but not limited to strikes, lock outs, accidents, war, fire, reduction in or unavailability of power at the Seller’s or Manufacturer’s premises or their manufacturing plant, breakdown of plant or machinery or shortage or unavailability of raw materials from a normal source of supply, and the party shall be entitled to a reasonable extension of its obligations.
- Any notice required or permitted to be given by either party to the other under the conditions shall be in writing and in the case of notices to the Seller, addressed to the Seller at its registered office or in the case of notices to the Buyer, at the Buyer’s address as provided to the Seller.
- The headings of the Clauses in these conditions are intended for reference only and will not affect the construction of these conditions.
No statement, description, warranty condition or recommendation contained in any catalogue, price list or advertisement or communication or made verbally by any of the Agents or Employees of the Seller shall be construed to enlarge, vary or override in any way any of these conditions.
- Additional costs
The Buyer agrees to pay for any loss or extra cost incurred by the Seller through the Buyer’s instructions or lack of instructions or through failure or delay in taking delivery or through any acts or default on the part of the Buyer, its servants, agents or employees.
12. Proper law of contract
- This Contract shall be governed by the law of England and Wales and any dispute, question or remedy howsoever arising will be determined exclusively by the Courts of England and Wales.